UW Professional & Continuing Education Onsite Instructor Handbook
Access to UW Resources
- Once you have submitted your payroll forms to UWEO and are activated in
the UW payroll system, you may open a UW e-mail account. You will be activated
in the system approximately one month before the beginning of your class.
You are eligible to be activated if:
- you have been on the payroll system within the last 9 months,
- all of your payroll paperwork has been returned to Accounting.
- New instructors must return I-9, W-4, Affirmative Action forms.
- Returning instructors who are separated from the payroll system, because
they have not been paid for 9 months, must return the email sent by Accounting
to confirm address and status or return a W-4.
- This service is provided to you without charge. To set up your account,
- Campus parking permits are available for purchase through the UW
Parking. The Parking Services main office is located at Box 351105, 3901
University Way NE, with hours of 7:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m., Monday through
Friday. The telephone
number is 206-685-1543. and the fax number is 206-543-2409
- Single parking
permits may be purchased at any UW gate.
- Parking fees at UW Professional & Continuing Education Downtown
vary depending on which public garage is chosen.
- More information pertaining to parking can be found at http://www.washington.edu/admin/parking/.
- Take your current Instructor Contract to the Suzzallo Library Cashier's
office and they will issue a UW library card for your use.
- If you do not have a copy of the contract or are paid by another organization
and do not have a contract, then UWEO can provide you with a letter asking
the library to grant you access.
- The cashier's office at Suzzallo is open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.;
phone 206-543-1174. The UW library system has a Web site, http://www.lib.washington.edu/,
and organizes orientation tours.
- Requests to reserve library materials should be submitted 6 weeks before
the quarter begins. For information and requests, call 206-543-0242.
- The UW home page, http://www.washington.edu/, contains links to a variety of campus resources including a faculty and staff directory, departmental home pages, campus maps etc.
- You may receive educational discounts on computer software through the