Get an edge on your graduate school experience!
Join us during summer for a special program designed to help you meet the challenges of studying in US graduate programs in a wide variety of fields. The program theme is Globalization, which accommodates every student's research area and field of study.
This program now includes SIEBL , which will not be offered in 2013.
AAPS is a 4-week academic preparation program that focuses on
- developing advanced English language skills you need for successful academic performance
- preparing yourself for academic work in your US graduate program
- introducing you to a wide variety of well-known professors and lecturers at the UW
- exploring current issues and concepts in our global society
- increasing your awareness of American culture
- building a network of peers and friendships to support you through your life in the US
The curriculum includes
- Morning and afternoon classes to develop both individual academic study skills and oral presentations skills
- A poster session, a graduate-level secondary research project and a final oral presentation of that research paper
- A lecture series on a wide variety of graduate-level interdisciplinary topics presented by highly acclaimed UW faculty
- Lectures and panel discussions to facilitate student understanding of professor and peer expectations
- Social activities, including a welcome reception, campus tour, BBQ, day trip to local national park, opportunities to meet other international students, weekly coffee hours with program staff and a final closing ceremony
Students from all fields of study are encouraged to apply. AAPS is a thorough orientation to the experience of being a graduate student in the US. If you have special needs or concerns, please contact us before applying.